The Lifespan of Your Residential Elevator
Years of wear and tear of your elevator will impact its performance and efficiency. The average life of a lift is 20 to 25 years. Usually, after 20 years experts suggest modernizing your elevator. Being the best elevator company in Delhi, we have a huge customer base. We install, maintain, and repair your lifts at a very reasonable cost. There are many factors that affect the life of an elevator. It includes equipment design, how it is used, and a maintenance program. If you maintain proper servicing of your elevator, then its life can easily long up to 20 years. But after 25 years, the lift can cause trouble and demand costly repairs.
Our installing and repairing small lifts for home prices in India is very minimal. Our quality service is affordable in your budget. We are the top provider of elevators for housing as well as commercial purposes. You can extend the lifespan of your elevator. Regular and quality maintenance of your lifts can delay modernization. You can follow the following points to increase the lifespan of your unit.
- Temperature: You should maintain the machine’s room temperature in the range of 15 to 32 degrees celsius.
- Visual inspection: It is suggested to weekly inspect your lift.
- Cab lights: Make sure to replace nonworking cab lights.
- Cleaning: The car tracks, hall door, and light ray should be cleaned properly. This avoids many issues in the lift.
- Buttons: If the buttons get stuck, you can remove them by tapping. Avoid the use of any tool while doing it on your own.
- Servicing: Make sure that you schedule regular maintenance checks by technicians.
The factors that can reduce your lift’s life include the following:
- Poor elevator care practice can result in less lifespan of the lift.
- Failure to upgrade parts of the lift to new technology can also lead to early replacement of the lift.
- Improper lift fitting processes can result in frequent repairs.
- Regular high usage of lift can lead to early wear and tear.
- If lift loads more than maximum capacity then it can reduce its life.
- Improper usage of the lift can also reduce its life.
- Exposure to weather, like salty or corrosive conditions can decrease its life.
- A lack of servicing can shorten the life of the lifts.
Here are some signs that indicate the replacement of your lift.
- More than 20 years old: Installing an elevator is a hefty investment. But if you avoid its replacement for too long it will cause serious trouble. The lift demands replacement after 20 to 25 years. After 20 years, the electrical components become out of order. The doors become unreliable, non-working of buttons, etc.
- More trouble calls: We offer 24/7 constant support to our customers for an emergency call. You can contact us for any immediate service. However, if your lift is causing so much trouble and asking for frequent repairs. Then it is certainly the time to replace it.